Greetings from SakhaNiwas Agro Tourism Centre – Tapola !
An Agro tourismCentre to the very essence of the term SakhaNiwas Agro Tourism Centre – Tapola is an offbeat resort offering an alternative holiday experience.
SakhaNiwas – Tapola is located in Harchandi village – a small hamlet about 10 kms from Tapola along the ShivsagarLake.Tapola is less than an hour’s drive away from Mahabaleshwar. Famously called mini Kashmir, the main attraction in Tapola is the Koyna backwaters.
SakhaNiwas is an agro tourismCentre different from any other resorts in Tapola or Tapola hotels. We don’t just offer an accommodation option but a completely different holiday experience. There are lots to do at SakhaNiwas Agro Tourism centre – Tapola and there will not be a single dull moment during your stay at this resort in Tapola.
Take some time out to enjoy the gentle breeze of dawn laden with the fragrance of the land, feel the morning dew, take a walk in the farms, listen to the chirping of the birds, go for swim in the evening and gaze at the thousands of stars on a beautiful moonlit night while enjoying a barbeque and campfire. You can do all this and lots more at SakhaNiwas.
Keeping aside the technicalities of the term, agrotourism is a concept that brings back the idea of ‘native place’ back to the urban souls fettered in the concrete jungles. Enjoy some fresh air away from the cities in a rustic locale and experience the simplicity of the rural life style first hand.
ABOUT OUR TOURISM…
There is a wide array of activities that awaits you at SakhaNiwas – Tapola. Mud bath is unique feature of SakhaNiwas – Tapola Far more relaxing than a spa treatment, enjoy natural healing powers of mud bath only at SakhaNiwas – Tapola.Boating at Tapola Boat Club.
Most of the activities at SakhaNiwas – Tapola are organized with the help of local villagers. Enjoy a visit to the farm,Try your Hand at fishing and also pick farm fresh strawberries yourselves and enjoy the true taste of the fruit!
You are also welcome to participate in the day to day activities of the farm like milking the cow, feeding them or just take tour of our crop, vegetable, fruit farm, strawberry farm visit, Visits old village houses, village festivals, jatras, participate in agriculture activities, get involved in farm activities such as rice farming in monsoon, cultivation, harvesting etc, tree plantation,bird watch, trekking, local sightseeing, sceneviews, star sky watch, Under river Ancient Temple of Lord Shiva with lots of old historical stones & pillars which is visible only in the month of April –May as backwater level goes down during summer.
Thanks to the remote rural milieu around SakhaNiwas – Tapola you can see real villages from close quarters. Visit the local village school & also enjoy hikes in the rustic surroundings. Surrounded by green hills and multitude of waterfalls during monsoons, Tapola is truly an ideal monsoon destination, and also a trekker’s paradise.
At SakhaNiwas Agro Tourism Centre you can also enjoy authentic taste of local cuisine prepared in the traditional style with a flavor of the land.
Despite all this what our guests enjoy most is the homely ambiance and the home away from home feel.
- Rural & rustic surroundings.
- Opportunity of being very close to nature with the necessary amenities, quality food.
- complete relaxation.
- Zero Pollution.
SAKHA NIWAS EVENTS & ACTIVITIES/SIGHT SEEINGS.
- Barbecue Veg/Non-Veg (Limited) – Rs.100/- veg and 150/- Non Veg Tandoori Live per person per piece.
- Kayak (Boating) – Rs.100 per person (2 SEATER)
- Lord Shiva Temple Visit (2 hours journey) by boat Rs.1000/- for up to 7people.
- Package Included Activities:
- Morning Trekking (Harchandi Village)
Mud Bath……more relaxing than a spa treatment.
Enjoy natural healing powers of mud bath at SakhaNiwas Agro Tourism. Mud bath are ancient treatment. It relieves tension, stress and it is also useful for Youthful Complexion, offers relaxation, peace of mind and body.
2. Monsson Fever
- SakhaNiwas Agro Tourism……Perfect place to enjoy monsoon ….
- If you are planning for Monsoon tour, visit SakhaNiwas Agro Tourism.
- Enjoy Amazing Monsoon greenery, hills, dams, and various attractive waterfalls surrounded by lush green trees, beautiful view of valleys,stormy winds, fog, dark clouds and heavy rainfall makes it a perfect spot to stags’, hikers, trekkers for their adventure activities. You can also spot beautiful peacock dancing around, birds and other scene beauty of nature in monsoon.
- TREE PLANTATION
- RICE FARMING.
3. Summer Attractions
- ANCIENT TEMPLE visible only in the month of mid april & may.
- Summer Camps
4. Winter Attractions
- Strawberry farm visit.